Lentils are an excellent source of protein, good for you and our planet!
- 1T butter
- 1 onion , finely diced
- 1 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- 1 T curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 knorr vegetable stock pot
- 3/4 cup soaked lentils
- 1 can coconut milk
- Add butter, onion, ginger, garlic, chilli and spices to a pan and sautee until onions are soft.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock pot , lentils and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with brown basmati rice, cucumber yoghurt raita, fresh lime wedges and toasted cashews. (optional)
- Garnish with coriander.
Food For Thought!