This is one of my favourite meals often enjoyed on a warm evening, it is so versatile, I usually vary the beans, veggies and salsa in this recipe, so the meal is different every time.
It can be eaten warm or cold, this burrito bowl is truly satisfying and tasty!
Ready in 30 minutes
- baked tortilla chips (see notes)
- 2-4 cups cooked grains (see notes)I used red and white quinoa
- 2-4 cups cooked beans, I used cannellini beans
- 2-4 cups romaine lettuce or lightly steamed pak choy , spinach or kale
- 2-4 chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 chopped green onions
- 1-2 cups steamed sweetcorn kernels
- 1 avocado chopped
- fresh salsa
- Place a handful of tortilla chips in the bottom of each serving bowl.
- Spoon some cooked grains over the tortilla chips, then add cooked beans, layer on rest of the ingredients: lettuce, corn, tomatoes, green onions, avocado and top with salsa!
Chips: You can make your very own chips, using soft corn tortillas, cut into wedges, spritz them with a bit of water and bake them at 300 degrees celsius until crisp.
Grains: Choose any of the following grains, brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, millet etc
Beans: You can choose to slow-cook your beans or simply use canned beans, there’s a variety, so take your pick, cannellini beans is one of my favourite beans, you could use black beans , just as delicious!
Corn: I use fresh sweetcorn, but feel free to use frozen if you prefer.
*Ready in 30 minutes is based on the pre-cooked grains, beans as well as chips; otherwise preparation time will be longer!
Thought For The Day!
Light & Blessings