Who needs an English muffin when you can have roasted tomatoes with salty haloumi as a base for the perfect poached eggs?
Vine tomatoes, rosa or cherry, I used Romanita (4 tomatoes) cut in half lengthwise
2 baby courgettes ( use a peeler to shave courgettes)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 5 fresh sprigs of thyme
Salt to taste
freshly cracked black pepper
1 haloumi burger
2 poached eggs
mock hollandaise sauce ( please refer to previous recipe on how to prepare hollandaise sauce)
chives for garnish
- Add olive oil to a skillet , now add tomatoes, oregano or thyme, salt, black pepper, sautee on a medium flame for roughly 3-5 minutes, then toss in the courgettes, cook for another 3 minutes or until tender, make sure not to overcook them!
- Prepare poached eggs ( refer to previous recipe on how to poach eggs)
- Add some olive oil to a pan and sear haloumi burger until golden brown on both sides, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side and then transfer to a dinner plate
- Time to assemble ingredients, layer haloumi with sauteed vegetables, poached eggs and spoonfuls of hollandaise sauce…yum!
- Season with black pepper and a dash of paprika
- Garnish with chives
Thought For The Day!