This vegan raspberry gelato is quite intense and pure, it has a clean texture and a beautiful colour.
There is no single recipe for making gelato, my absolute favourite is one that is fruit -based, the best gelati are made using only the finest ingredients, so use seasonally fresh fruit. The good news is that you don’t require an ice-cream maker, you can easily make gelato at home.
Let’s get started!
320g fresh raspberries
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 Tbsp maple syrup or more to taste
Dry roasted pistachios for topping.
- Add fresh raspberries, coconut milk as well as maple syrup into a blender and blend until nice and smooth.
- Now pour the mixture into an air-tight , freezer-safe container and freeze until frozen completely.
- When frozen, cut the mixture into cubes , which makes it easier to blend. Add cubes into a food processor or blender and blend frozen pieces, it should have a soft serve consistency.
- Transfer the gelato mixture into an air-tight, freezer-safe container and freeze for about 3-6 hours. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes and serve.
- Store leftover gelato in a freezer-safe, air-tight container for 1-2 weeks.
Remember to use coconut milk at room temperature.
Thought For The Day!
Light and Blessings