The best vegan chocolate cookies made with coconut flour, it’s so chewy on the outside, soft on the inside and just bursting with chocolate goodness!
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 14 mins Total time: 39 mins
Yield : 14 – 18 cookies
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp natural unsalted almond butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp unsalted tahini
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 Tbsp warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup + 3Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2-3 Tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC. Line a baking sheet with greased foil or baking paper and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients into a medium bowl except chocolate. Use a rubber spatula to stir and fold mixture .
- Use a cookie scoop , and drop cookie dough onto baking sheet , evenly spaced.
- Don’t roll dough on the palm of your hands as this will cause the dough to warm up and release too much oil which will cause spread out cookies as well as very crispy edges.
- Flatten cookies with the palm of your hand half way for thicker cookies and full on for thinner cookies. Dot cookies with vegan chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 15 minutes, as cookies are fragile, place cookies on a cooling rack for more or less 30 minutes.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk or cup of tea! See storing notes below.
Notes: Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days, away from heat and direct sunlight.
Can freeze for up to 1 month, allow to thaw for 15 minutes or so before enjoying.
Thought For The Day