Packed With Nutrients and Oh So Good For You!
This is no doubt one of my many favourite recipes, I love making Quesadillas for my family, it is a fun way to get them to help out in the kitchen!
So nutritious and easy to prepare! The Quesadillas are made with sautéed veggies and a creamy guacamole , using the freshest ingredients, avocado, lime juice and coriander- simple yet delicious! An accompaniment to vegetables and meaty mushrooms, this creamy guacamole makes these quesadillas a satisfying vegetarian meal!
For The Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil or Coconut oil
- Wholewheat Tortillas
- 1 punnet mushrooms ( I used big brown mushrooms)
- 2 baby marrows
- 1 sweetcorn, remove corn from the cob
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 can black beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- grated cheese (optional) I used white Gouda, you could try Vegan Cheese if preferred
For The Guacamole
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 a red onion finely chopped
- pickled jalapenos thinly sliced , to taste
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- chopped coriander
- pinch of salt and cracked black pepper
- Add oil to a large skillet, sautee onions and garlic over medium heat until fragrant. Then add julienned vegetables, cook for approximately ten minutes or so.
- Please remember to not overcook veggies, as vital nutrients will be lost. While veggies are cooking, prepare guacamole. cut avocados in half and and spoon out flesh into a large bowl, add remaining guacamole ingredients and mash well with the back of a fork.
- Drain black beans and add to cooked vegetables and give it a stir. Remove from heat
- In another skillet, toast Tortilla on a low heat, add vegetables to one half of tortilla and top with grated cheese, then fold tortilla in half and flip it over to the other side until cheese melts.
- Cut tortillas into triangles and serve with guacamole. Garnish with coriander.
Thought For The Day!